What Can a Maintenance Contract Do for You?
Should you consider a maintenance contract for your heating and cooling system? If your system could take care of itself there would be no need for regularly scheduled maintenance. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Like all the equipment that keeps your South California home running smoothly, your heat pump and A/C system need regular attention. Having a maintenance contract in place will keep them in peak condition and prevent costly repair bills down the road.
Keeping your home comfortable accounts for almost 50% of your yearly energy costs. Scheduled maintenance is one of the best ways to save money on your energy bills. Generally, we come out at least twice a year do a checkup on the following components:
1. Electrical– If your electrical connections are not tight and secure, it could shorten the life of your equipment and cause unnecessary repairs. Regular maintenance checkups are the ideal opportunity to check voltage and tighten all connections.
2. Lubrication– Friction is the enemy of your system’s moving parts. Without proper lubrication, components wear down and have to work harder. Your technician will lubricate as necessary to reduce electricity usage.
3. Thermostats– Thermostat settings can affect your energy costs. We make sure your thermostats are set for maximum energy efficiency. If you have programmable thermostats, this can save you almost $200 per year!
4. Controls– Your technician will put the system through all of its cycles, to ensure that it starts up, operates and shuts down properly.
5. Drains– Clogged condensate drains mean higher humidity and possible water damage in your home. Regular flushing and cleaning will catch these problems before they turn into major issues.
A maintenance contract for A/C units will include an inspection of condenser coils and refrigerant levels. Blower components are cleaned and adjusted for proper air flow. Your heat pump is checked for dirty filters or improper settings. Debris is removed and coils cleaned. This improves fuel efficiency, lowers your energy costs and prevents future repairs.
The benefits of a maintenance contract for your home include:
- Reduced energy costs– When you keep your heating and cooling system properly maintained, you can save up to 20% on your energy bill. For the average South California homeowner this could add up to about $200 per year.
- Extended system life- A maintenance contract extends the life of your system by ensuring that all components are kept clean and operable.
- Lower repair bills- Regular maintenance prevents costly repairs to your heating and cooling system. The longer you can avoid these repairs, the less your system costs you to operate in the long run.
If you want to make sure your home comfort systems are working at peak efficiency for as long as possible, consider a maintenance contract. When we come out, we cover all important mechanical and electrical components. It’s all about making sure that your system is running safely and economically.